Love is in the air and the craving for a soul mate is just reaching newer heights. All the singles looking for love should get their dating basics right if they want their soul ‘meet’ to be successful and enter a new relationship. Dating is your first introduction to your potential partner and it is also the first opportunity for you to introduce yourselves. Dating helps you know if you and your date are compatible with each other. Singles prefer dating through different ways like online dating, speed dating, blind dating, casual dating, serious dating etc. Online dating is the most preferred form of dating for many singles because of convenience and the increased selection pool.
If you go the right way during dating, prepared and with a positive outlook, then your search for a Mr. or Miss Right might just come to an end. The fact is that there are no fail-proof tricks or formulas for wooing the one you go on a date with. Sometimes couples just don’t have the appropriate chemistry or life circumstances to accommodate each other. That being said, there are some key dating basics that must be kept in mind during your search for a partner.
While the internet is replete with rules on dating, there is always a dilemma on what to do and what not to do. This article presents some dos and don’ts that singles must adhere to if they want their dating to grow into a sweetened relationship. These dating dos and don’ts are just some observed rules of etiquette and behavior and do not give a one-size fits all guarantee. Different tricks work for different people as each one of us are different and in different situations of life.
· Look your best by dressing up well and always be on time for your meetings.
· Compliment your date for his/her looks and be sincere.
· If you are meeting for the first time or after online dating then meet in public and not in secluded pubs and bars.
· Be lighthearted and sober in your approach.
· Switch off your cell phone or turn it to silent mode before your conversation begins. Distractions signal a lack of interest or respect.
· If you are using online dating, make sure keep things moving quickly to keep interest up. You should answer messages within a day or two and plan to meet up, in person, after you have exchanged only a few messages. Having a pen pal is great but, if you build up too much rapport before meeting in person, things can become awkward when you don’t have the space cushion of the internet between you two.
· Always warm and positive. Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry all by yourself.
· Make eye contact with your date to show interest and respect.
· Ask questions (this shows that you are interested)
· If you are using online dating, share only the personal information you are comfortable with and NEVER share financial information or passwords.
· Do not drink too much during your date. In fact, keep drinking to a minimum, as most people drink more when they are nervous.
· Do not date a person who is otherwise involved seriously with someone else (couple, marriage, etc.)
· Do not go for sex on a first date. As exciting as it may be to hit a home run in the first inning, having or trying to get frisky on the first date almost always comes off in bad form.
· Do not lie to your date on any aspect of your life. Be your best self but be your true self.
· Do not reveal your inner most secrets or speak too much about yourself on the first meeting itself. Being honest and upfront are necessary but no where to draw the line.
· Do not splash on too much perfume. No matter how attractive the smell is, too much is always a turn off.
· Do not be over critical about anyone or anything. Again, remain positive in your outlook.
· Don’t joke on dirty, political or religious issues. These topics should be avoided for meetings where you are getting to know each other. They are highly controversial for most people.
To help you find that perfect match, please visit our website [http://www.date-site247.com/] or visit our Facebook page for more useful tips on dating dos & don’ts.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Darlene_Gross/786377